Providing child, teen, individual, couples and family counseling.
**I see children and teens ages 5 - 18 years.**
Treatment specialization includes:
- Children and Teens with Anxiety including Separation Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety, Phobias, Social Anxiety, and Panic Attacks
- Children and Teens with Trauma including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Children and Teens with ADHD, Academic Difficulties, Gifted and Talented Enhancement, Life Transitions, and Divorce issues
- Child Therapy
- Adoption Counseling with Families and Adoptees, domestic and international
- Couples Counseling
- Individual Therapy for Anxiety issues, including Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety, Phobia, and Social Anxiety
- Individual Therapy for Depression, Life Transitions, Interpersonal Issues, and Chronic Pain and Medical Conditions
- Family Therapy, including families where Substance Abuse is present
- Parenting support, including Sports Counseling for parents with high level athletes
Theoretical Orientation: I use an Integrative approach with a Client Centered philosophy. With compassionate care for each person's unique situation, I utilize psychodynamic, cognitive behavioral, mindfullness, existential-humanistic, family systems, developmental, and narrative orientations. I also incorporate sand tray therapy, art therapy, and play therapy, especially in my work with children.
I have a Masters of Science from Notre Dame de Namur University in Clinical Psychology and a Bachelor of Arts from Stanford University in History. From August 2013-May 2015 I have worked with Children, Teens, and their Families at StarVista Children's Place Program leading individual and group therapy.